Yo Daniele!

On Fri, 6 Oct 2017 16:57:13 -0600
Daniele Nicolodi <dani...@grinta.net> wrote:

> >> What if I want to have 2.7.1 and 2.7.2, for example?
> >
> > Gentoo can easily do that as well.  Pretty common on gentoo.
>
> How? It is clearly not possible with the scheme you described before.

Not gonna worry about.  Not an issue here.

> It is not clear to me how an user component installing files in /usr
> is seen as a violation of policy, but a system component installing or
> picking up files into /urs/local is fine.

Uh, no.  The problem here is a user installed component installing
into, and protentially over-writing, system installed companaents.

I am not aware of any system installed component that looks in
/usr/local without specific user instructions to do so.

So I'm not seeing where you are going with this?

RGDS
GARY
        g...@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588