>> Having a PYTHONPATH setup could be leftover from when
>> ntpsec needed it, or it could be setup because some other
>> package needs it.

> Most likely the former, since reasonable packages don't
> require PYTHONPATH.   :-)

It seems reasonably likely to me that anybody geeky enough to be installing a
local version of one package is reasonably likely to be using local versions
of other packages.  Or at least likely enough that we should make sure that
any fix does work when PYTHONPATH is set.

My notes say I wanted it for GNU Radio.  I don't know if that is still
correct.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.