On Sun, Nov 25, 2018 at 10:24 PM Anastasiya Ruzhanskaya <
anastasiya.ruzhansk...@frtk.ru> wrote:

> Hello everyone!
>
> I wanted to find out how the impersonation technique used in oVirt works?
> I know from libvirt developers, that oVirt opens one connection only for
> multiple clients. How does this work?

vdsm, on the hypervisor machine, funnels all the traffic from engine to
libvirt. vdsm is therefore the only "client" of libvirt.

> Also I found out in source code that in ActionParameterBase class the
> sessionId field is marked transient but, for example, for GWT rpc message,
> which goes to the server and says what action will be made (shut down,
> pause vm) this is the only field in all sent information which says what
> the session is. Where is the session sent instead? There was also a field
> with session id in https headers, but this was related to cookie so I am
> not completely sure if this can help to identify the current user.

Yes, that's it. From the headers view in Chrome, on the GWT RPC messages:
Cookie: JSESSIONID=VdzARh0xFJ8sVZXgG96dF_123cBUpQNfC3Kdz6e0.hostedengine

GREG SHEREMETA

SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER - TEAM LEAD - RHV UX

Red Hat NA

<https://www.redhat.com/>

gsher...@redhat.com    IRC: gshereme
<https://red.ht/sig>