On Fri, 1 Mar 2019, 15:48 Dafna Ron, <d...@redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi Dan,
>
> our intention is never to skip tests and I would not merge a SkipTest
> patch if someone actually shows interest in resolving this.
> if you notice, this was reported a few days ago, after CI determined that
> this is not an infra related issue and since then, but aside from Michal
> asking for logs and getting a link to them, no other communication from dev
> that suggest that this is being checked was sent - even after I added
> [URGENT] and asked if there is any update.
> As we have done in the past, when I see that there is no cooperation from
> the developers to resolve a sporadic test failure, then I add a skip test
> until someone in dev has time to resolve the issue

I believe that this is wrong. You should not merge a Skip before having a
phone call with the relevant team lead.

- not ideal but having different project fail sporadically is not ideal as
> well
>
> As I see that you guys are now responding I have no reason to merge the
> patch - and that is what we all want.
>
> I can say that since its effecting more then one project, and from past
> experience, its either related to the OST test itself or to the API/SDK.
> I think that Evgheni ruled out an infra issue and suggested that the issue
> is actually related to the API - so not sure its strictly related to Ryan.

I'll trust you here. Though since the failing test is Ryan's, it is Ryan's
job to find what breaks it, and pass the buck.

If you believe it is a bug in oVirt ask, then you should call mperina, too.