On Fri, 1 Mar 2019, 16:23 Greg Sheremeta, <gsher...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 1, 2019 at 9:20 AM Dafna Ron <d...@redhat.com> wrote:

>>> I believe that this is wrong. You should not merge a Skip before having
>>> a phone call with the relevant team lead.
>>>

>> If we had any info on who to speak with we would probably do so - in
>> cases like this, where there are multiple projects failures and its
>> sporadic, its hard for us to pin someone down.
>> Also, please note that the CI team is here to maintain the infrastructure
>> that allows developers to run the tests and I don't think that we should be
>> chasing after the developers to fix regressions (either in the code or in
>> the tests) and that this should be dev's responsibility.
>>

> I can see both sides of the argument, but developers need to do a better
> job of being more responsive to Dafna. She is always extremely diligent
> about reporting these, including follow-ups, and sometimes she doesn't get
> replies.

Note that I want her to do less, not more: identify a suspected team lead,
and tell him/her it is their job to fix it. That's all.

Phone call? I don't answer my phone unless it's my wife (phone spam in the
> US is unrelenting).

So she should IRC/WhatsApp/gChat you if she thinks you are responsible for
a failure.

I think the bigger issue is that everyone (ok, most people) filters devel
> and other lists into a label and hardly checks it. IMO that needs to stop.

True. I think that late-evening phone call can help make it happen.

Or maybe we need a dedicated ost-failures list that people don't filter.

The same people who filter out URGENT messages from Dafna would easily
filter a new list. It might be easier for them. But none of them should be
a maintainer or team lead.

That sounds a little better to me than a single dev contact.

Each *test* has a natural dev contact. Host devices are virt, so the
contract here is Michal+Ryan until proven differently or suspected
differently by Dafna.