On Tue, Dec 14, 2021 at 10:14 AM Milan Zamazal <mzama...@redhat.com> wrote:

> Nir Soffer <nsof...@redhat.com> writes:
>
> > I'm using github CI now, no issue seen in the last week.
> >
> > But we have now a wrose issue, build-artifacts job fail randomly in one of
> > the targets. This means there is no way to use the automatic OST run.
> >
> > Should we disable all vdsm tests on gerrit, and enable only x64_64 el8
> > build artifacts so we can at least get working OST?
>
> Since tests on gerrit are unusable, we should do it this way, good idea.
>
> Nevertheless manually testing patches by pushing them to GitHub is
> tiresome,

This is not that bad, I'm using this flow for a few years:

    while work needed:
        hack...
        push -f github # push to my github fork
        check the build in github

    git review  # push to gerrit for review

> we should move to GitHub completely ASAP.  The only thing
> missing is OST, right?

Yes. I think what we need is a way to start OST build with a github
pull request url:

    CUSTOM_REPOS=https://github.com/oVirt/{project}/pull/{7}

Or if it is easier, a way to upload zip files to jenkins for running OST.

Once we have something like this, we can move vdsm to github.

Triggering OST builds automatically ("gating") is nice to have and
can be done later.

Nir