HI Francesco,

On 18.03.2015 19:07, Francesco Ermini wrote:
Thanks for the Xbee driver,I'll wait the PR for testing!

The security aspect is about including in RIOT the possibility to dynamically insert a set of encryption keys at run time through an external channel (I have a collegue working on NFC driver on RIOT). Basically,the keys I want to exchange are those concering the 802.15.4 protocol,but we can use the same technique for RPL or CoAP.
Sounds very interesting! There is quite some demand for this inside (and outside) of our community. Regarding GSOC - do you have already a rough idea about an architecture and a high-level project plan on how you would like to structure this as a GSOC project? I encourage you to share this with us, so we can help you to improve it!

Cheers,
Hauke

    Hi Francesco,

    welcome to RIOT first of all.

    Cool that you are working with the UDOO boards! BLE development
    with these boards would indeed be a little difficult, as I don't
    know any shields without fully integrated network stack, that
    would allow for access to the BLE link layer.

    Porting the Xbee device to RIOT is unfortunately already almost
    finished [1] - I am just sitting on the last fixes and will
    release a PR in the next couple of days...

    The security aspect however is not yet included. Taking this to a
    more general approach (valid for not only the xbee device) is
    however a very hot topic. Here I would indeed see a project for
    GSOC. Do you have already any further ideas what you would like to
    do in this direction? It would be nice, if you could roughly
    sketch our your ideas, so we can discuss them further.

    Cheers,
    Hauke

    [1] https://github.com/haukepetersen/RIOT/tree/add_driver_xbee