Hi,

On 05/08/15 11:14, Martine Lenders wrote:
> Actually, yes. But I'm still trying to get my head around why netapi (or
> it's wrapper functions [1], slightly renamed) could not be that API.

Because it requires the use of messages, which implicitly requires using
seperate threads. This is not feasable for low-memory systems.

If you check out my nanonet branch [1], there's a monolithic stack that
does Ethernet/IPV4/UDP/CoAP in about 5k RAM, with room for improvement.

If netapi would be used even just for CoAP, that stack would
unnecessarily be forced to put CoAP in its own thread, with all the
memory implications.

I'd like to avoid that.

Kaspar
[1] https://github.com/kaspar030/RIOT/tree/nanonet