Hello Krishna,

Welcome to the RIOT community!
Glad to hear that you want to contribute.

The link you were referring to seems to be outdated.
You can find more information here [1].

Basically, instead of using the `addr` command,
you can obtain or set the hardware address with
the `ifconfig` command.
`ifconfig` to show all the information
`ifconfig <interface> set hwaddr <address>` to set the address.

Cheers,
Cenk

[1] https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/wiki