Hi,

On Mon, May 09, 2016 at 06:20:48PM +0200, Baptiste Clenet wrote:
> > On Mon, May 09, 2016 at 04:24:34PM +0200, Baptiste Clenet wrote:
> >> Hi Martine,
> >> Thank you for the answer.
> >> Ok ff04::1 is also a multicast address so I add it to every board with
> >> gnrc_networking and I should be able to ping them with this multicast
> >> address.
> >> Shouldn't I use:
> >> ifconfig 7 add multicast ff04::1
> >> ?
> >>
> >> I'm missing something here, could give me an explanation please:
> >> Before, I had a transceiver plugged on my linux so I was able to ping
> >> my board directly using fe80::address so I was able to use the local
> >> multicast address ff02::1, now that I use border router, I'm using a
> >> prefix 2001::db8 (why? and why documentation prefix?) Why can't I use
> >> fe80 as before?
> >
> > because link-local ff80::/10 will not be routed, between lowpan and
> > ethernet interface, so far I know.
>
> ff80? You meant fe80? I was able to do ping with fe80 and lowpan0.

Sorry, I think I misunderstood here something completely.

Your setup what is it?

Linux (802.15.4/6LoWPAN) <-> RIOT

or

Linux -> TAP (ethernet) <-> RIOT BORDER ROUTER <-> RIOT

You say something with lowpan0 then I think it's the first one, but I am
not sure now and confused. :-)

It's a important information, if it's the second one then better
completely ignore what I said before, because I don't know how this
works exactly.

- Alex