Hi Baptiste,
yeah in that case multicast seems like the best thing to go. But how about
using an actual global address then: (ff:1e::1 e.g.; 10 flag =
non-permanent, e scope = global). With the hint by Kaspar I was able to get
the pings through the interface, but apparently the border router does not
forward the address.
Will investigate.

Cheers,
Martine