Hi Thomas!

On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 11:17:07AM -0700, Thomas Eichinger wrote:
> Reading the document provided it seems to me that Jenkins actually
> got a better score than Murdock 2. (Please tell me if I am mistaken
> and misinterpret the table.)

No, you are correct. Jenkins got a slightly higher score than Murdock, but the
scoring system is not really balanced and the difference is only ~5% and hence
negligible.

> Because of this I'd very much appreciate a little bit more of information
> on why this group came to the conclusion Murdock 2 is still better
> fitting RIOT than Jenkins.
>
> I do not intend to bash the task force results just try to better
> understand the reasoning.

No worries, actually, I appreciate your inquiry. Indeed the conclusion was
that both CI systems are well suited for our needs. Jenkins may be a bit
stronger in some aspects while Murdock 2 scores in other aspects. Finally, we
wanted to come up with a concrete proposal and decided to recommend Murdock 2
for a rather indirect argument: whatever CI is chosen, we can never be certain
that we're gonna to be happy with that decision forever (as the past has
shown). However, if we now decide for Jenkins it is very likely that the
development of Murdock 2 will stop and we can never go back - while the other
way should be always possible.

I hope that answers your question(s). Otherwise, please let me know and I will
happily try to explain it better.

Cheers,
Oleg
--
printk(KERN_ERR "msp3400: chip reset failed, penguin on i2c bus?\n");
        linux-2.2.16/drivers/char/msp3400.c