Hiho Gaetan,

wasn't it in particular that the current build system does not produce well-defined results in the sense that the outcome depends on the order and hidden interferences??

Wasn't it also that the current configuration system includes overloaded semantics and is thus rather intransparent??

These to me seemed to be the core issues??

Cheers,
 Thomas