On 09/09/2020 17:28, Gedare Bloom wrote:

I am not sure if the 5 branch in the rtems-libbsd.git repo is right and if it
should be made from the 5-freebsd-12 branch? I feel it is currently confusing
but either way it has issues.

Maybe, we can continue to discuss that outside of this patch set? Renaming a
branch later should be no trouble.
An option could be to rename 5 -> 5-freebsd-master, then the mapping between
rtems and FreeBSD would always be explicit.
Yes this is one Joel mentioned the other day and I missed the context in
relation to these patches. I think moving 5 to 5-freebsd-master makes sense.
What we have is confusing.

+1

Would be good to get Christian or Sebastian to comment/agree :)

Yes, the branch name "5" makes no sense. It should be "5-freebsd-master".