Hello Ahamed,

Am 23.03.21 um 11:24 schrieb Ahamed Husni:
Hi everyone,

I'm really interested to work on the *Beagle BSP Projects* [#2891 <https://devel.rtems.org/ticket/2891>]. *
*
*Adding PRU Support* [#3730 <https://devel.rtems.org/ticket/3730>] project seems really interesting to me. This project is partially done during GSoC 2019 <https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/GSoC/2019>by Nils Hölscher .
Is this a good project for the GSoC?

Up to now I have,

 1. Completed the GSoC prerequisite task
 2. Got the required hardware and tested it. (Beagleboard Black, USB to
    TTL Converter)
 3. Installed RTEMS on the Beagleboard and tested. (Screenshot attached
    below)

I need guidance to define the scope of the project.
I'm currently thinking of ,

 1. First finish the remaining work from GSoC 2019 on the PRU.
    (What is the status of current implementation of the PRU?)

I'm really not sure what the state of the PRU is. I didn't follow that project closely. Maybe one of the mentors of that project can say anything regarding that.

 2. Implement additional peripheral support.
    What would be most useful?
    (USB OTG, CAN, ...).

I think CAN is a bit hard without some CAN analyzer hardware as a peer.

USB OTG would be a nice area. But that will be less writing a driver for Beagle but more finding out how that works with libbsd and finding a good way to configure it. I once put a few hours into it didn't take too much time till a PC detected an USB device (see https://gitlab.com/c-mauderer/rtems-libbsd/-/tree/20170707-cdce). Basically it's about importing the "usb_template" stuff and finding a way to configure it in libbsd.

I think that topic would have to be a bit of an open one: You might work only a day on it and have a working CDC Ethernet afterwards or you can need weeks for that. So you should add an open list of possible advanced targets. An OTG device can be:

- Ethernet
- Serial port
- Mass storage
- Keyboard / Mouse
- Modem
- Audio
- ...

The simplest one will most likely be Ethernet followed by serial port. I would add some of the others (like mass storage) as an extended targets.

Best regards

Christian

    The builtin USB is NOT functional other than for power under RTEMS.
    (USB OTG would have to be implemented in RTEMS to get rid of USB to
    TTL Converter.)
    - Ben Gras

<http://www.shrike-systems.com/beagleboard-xm-beaglebone-black-and-everything-else-rtems-on-the-beagles.html>
    (Blog post)