On 04/04/2021 22:18, Joel Sherrill wrote:

On Sun, Apr 4, 2021 at 2:25 PM Ida Delphine <idad...@gmail.com <mailto:idad...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    Hello,

    Please who are the possible mentors for this project?

IMO this is a project which has a larger potential potential set of mentors than
one focused on say a single board.

    On Sun, 4 Apr 2021, 3:32 am Ida Delphine, <idad...@gmail.com
    <mailto:idad...@gmail.com>> wrote:

        Regarding adding a script similar to linux/checkpatch.pl
        <http://checkpatch.pl> the criteria whether patches should
        need changes before being applied will be based on the output
        from running uncrustify right?

Yes. Assuming we find a combination of uncrustify settings combined with changes to the RTEMS style and changes to uncrustify that put us in a place where we trust that the output wth the right settings matches our style.

That is your goal. Find changes to the settlngs, uncrustify, and RTEMS code style where automated checking is possible. When you find a place where the coding style requires something uncrustify cannot currently do, the question is uncrustify changed or our coding style?

Sebastian may have a list of some of those from his effort to create that configuration. But addressing the list of where the tooling and style guide do not align is a key part of your project.
I am not sure if tinkering code formatting tools to somehow produce the RTEMS style is a suitable GSoC project. What has this to do with coding? Also this task lingers around for years. Would it be a feasible task for a student?

--
embedded brains GmbH
Herr Sebastian HUBER

Registergericht: Amtsgericht München