On Fri, Apr 16, 2021 at 1:19 AM Sebastian Huber
<sebastian.hu...@embedded-brains.de> wrote:

> Hello Kinsey,
>
> why don't you use a fatal error extension for this? You can save all the
> processor state to a structure and use it to jump to previous or next
> instruction it if needed in a custom fatal error handler which deals
> with RTEMS_FATAL_EXCEPTION. I think libdebugger uses this approach.

+1

This is otherwise a major overhaul/addition to the CPU port
requirements. I'd lean in favor of adding any CPU_* API that is
necessary to support vectoring from an exception to a signal. I don't
think we can make this kind of intrusive modification to basic
interrupt handling capabilities across all ports easily. Some of that
code is old and very stable.