On 4/16/2021 09:00, Gedare Bloom wrote:
On Wed, Apr 14, 2021 at 9:47 AM Kinsey Moore <kinsey.mo...@oarcorp.com> wrote:
This adds support for mapping AArch64 machine exceptions to POSIX
signals as necessary for running Ada applications.
---
<snip>
+  kill(getpid(), signal);
Not just map it, but actually send it. I'm not convinced this design
is the right way to deal with this problem. In addition to Sebastian's
suggestion on using a fatal error handler, you may consider a user
task to handle this. I think that kill() can have quite a large stack
consumption? It is a very complex call to include in the 'normal'
exception handling path with a giant switch to turn it on/off.

If you have some analysis or justification for this design, I'd be
glad to consider it. However, at a glance, it adds kill() to the
WCET/latency of all synchronous exception handling when this option is
enabled. Something about this feels off.

My only justification is that it is modeled on similar code in the SPARC BSPs (bsps/sparc/shared/gnatcommon.c) to handle these kinds of mappings for Ada. I assumed since it was already in place that it was the preferred method to accomplish this goal.

Kinsey