On 14.09.23 10:51, Chris Johns wrote:
On 14/9/2023 5:58 pm, Sebastian Huber wrote:
On 14.09.23 09:38, Chris Johns wrote:
The issue I faced was no score interface to get the TLS base for a thread to
determine a symbol's offset. If we had that and something to say if TLS is
supported libdl would be easy to fix.
Why don't we add this interface if it simplifies things?
Yes please, that would be good. I do not know the TSL support well enough to do
a decent job of it.
Which interface do you need?
A define that says TLS is support for an arch?

A call that returns the base address for an arch? I have added some in libdl:

https://git.rtems.org/rtems/tree/cpukit/libdl/rtl-tls.c

however having this in score would mean a new arch does not break libdl.

Yes, this should be definitely added to the CPU port. What is the purpose of rtems_rtl_tls_get_base()? It seems to be unused.

--
embedded brains GmbH
Herr Sebastian HUBER

Registergericht: Amtsgericht München