> I wonder, what you are trying to achieve in the end when doing this? Is this
> just about resources in system with very low memory? [...]

Yes, exactly -- sorry I didn't mention it earlier.

> But another thread could release the remaining
> rootserver resources assuming the root server has given it access, i.e. gave
> it a copy of the caps.

Could you please briefly explain how this procedure would look like? From my
understanding, while calling seL4_CNode_Delete on i.e. seL4_CapInitThreadTCB
would remove this capability, the memory which was used for it wouldn't be
freed as it wasn't derived from Untyped capability, but the cap was created
directly using cap_cnode_cap_new, and thus there is no untyped capability I
could call seL4_Untyped_Retype on to reuse this memory in another thread. Or
maybe I got this completely wrong?

-- Marcin