To Whom It May Concern,

My name is Ben Kelly. Myself and my partner James Briscoe - CC'd on this email
- are in the beginning stages of starting a company that will host websites and
web services for clients requiring high security on hardware that we control
from the firmware up. We haven't decided which OS we want to use yet. Our
initial goal is a customizable OS that contains only the minimum services to
host a web server and nothing else. We will be evaluating the seL4 Microkernel.

We're also intrigued by the possibilities of enhanced application performance
and security that can be had from a unikernel approach.

Is there anything that would forbid using the seL4 MicroKernel acting as a
'hypervisor/scheduler' for highly isolated and performant unikernel
applications?

If not, seL4 and Unikernel technology could potentially deliver the maximum
amount of performance and security possible for hardware running
seL4-compatible CPUs.

In the following video Boyd Multerer,
https://youtu.be/YG5BaoB24eA?si=TcxHq51Q5HLC0m1_ was asked the question if seL4
would "make sense on servers." Boyd replied that "I think it would but it's not
something that we are targeting ... yet." He also said that "Yeah, I do think
seL4 would be perfect at the bottom of the server once the multi-core thing
gets figured out. But we don't need to solve that right away." Do you think
seL4 is mature enough for our purpose? If we were to invest our time doing a
deep dive into understanding seL4 do you know of any companies that are willing
to pay for our acquired knowledge?

Very Respectfully,

Benjamin J. Kelly
President