Perhaps I'm missing the proverbial obvious, but
a build today of XFree86 from CVS, ver 4.2.99.4,
release date 20 January 2003, on both FreeBSD
4.6-Release and a recent FreeBSD 5.0-Current
(actually 2 builds) works (with both the "nsc"
and "vesa" driver)...

However, both xterm and xedit fail to display
popup menu cursors. The popup menu itself and the
menu text is displayed, as is the mouse cursor...
but there is no selection cursor (that is, menu
entries do not highlite).

For example, in the case of the xterm "font menu",
"menu.c"/HandlePopupMenu()" calls "domenu()" which
ends up calling "XtCreatePopupShell()". No matter
what the user's interaction with the menu, callback
"do_vtfont()" is not called, unlike in xterms
built from previous sources.

Have I missed something that will be totally
obvious in the light of day or is easily recognized?
This was from a "vanilla" build, but a grep shows
some 9530 warnings... Is this normal?

 - bruce