On Sun, 2003-02-16 at 16:36, Mark Vojkovich wrote:
>    I don't really know what the point of fbIsVirtual was.
> Apps that use ShadowFBInit need to repaint when entering
> the VT.  We didn't have the EnableDisableFBAccess stuff
> when I wrote shadowfb and the refresh at EnterVT was to
> catch the copy from the old root window backing pixmap.
> With EnableDisableFBAccess handling exposures, it shouldn't
> be needed anymore but we definitely don't want to
> block EnableDisableFBAccess like the code is doing.
>
> It seems like having ShadowFBInit call ShadowFBInit2 with
> FALSE is the correct behavior.  Experimentation shows
> this to remove the corruption.

The previous shadowfb code blocked EnableDisableFBAccess and updated on
VT switching.  Since the code looked stale (I couldn't find where the
screen got stored in the backing pixmap anywhere), I disabled it for the
vmware driver, but since I didn't have a way to test the other clients
of shadowfb, I preserved the old behavior for them.

If having ShadowFBInit call ShadowFBInit2 with FALSE works for all
clients, then the fbIsVirtual flag can be removed entirely; the only
caller of ShadowFBInit2 is vmware.c, and it passes in FALSE.

--
Nolan