I've noticed the following xmag segv with current CVS when trying to
view part of the background in the development version of e (e17).  Is
this an xmag or a window manager problem? (Or both?)

(gdb) r
X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
  Major opcode of failed request:  73 (X_GetImage)
  Serial number of failed request:  668

0x0804afbf in GetMinIntensity ()

This only occurs when the start point of the xmag selection window is
over the background.  Clicking inside an application works fine, as does
clicking inside but near an application edge which shows both
application and background image magnification.  (I can magnify the
background as long as the click doesn't occur on it.)

--
Kevin