On Wed, 26 Feb 2003 20:41:40 -0500 Kevin Brosius <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> babbled:

> The background reports "Depth: 0" with xwininfo.  That looks like a
> problem.
>
> The x,y,... to the GetImage seem good, 1103,302,64,64.

naughty xmag. it's assuming it can do XGetImage on an InputOnlyWindow :) naughty
naughty.

> Mark Vojkovich wrote:
> >

> >    Are there depth 32 windows or something?  If not
> > GetImageAndAttributes should call XGetImage on the
> > root window.   It looks like the checks in there are OK.
> > Can you check the x,y,width,height to that first XGetImage
> > in GetImageAndAttributes?
> >
> >                         Mark.
> >
> > On Tue, 25 Feb 2003, Kevin Brosius wrote:
> >
> > > Of course, that's not what causes the X_GetImage failure...  That
> > > happens here:
> > >
> > > in DragEH()
> > >
> > >   case ButtonRelease:         /* end drag mode */
> > >     if (event->xbutton.button == Button1) { /* get image */
> > >       /* Problem: You can't get bits with XGetImage outside of its
> > > window.
> > >        *          xmag will only do a GetImage on the actual window in
> > > the case
> > >        *          where the depth of the window does not match the depth
> > > of
> > >        *          the root window.
> > >        */
> > >       GetImageAndAttributes(FindWindow(event->xmotion.x_root,
> > >                         event->xmotion.y_root),
> > >              event->xbutton.x_root,
> > >              event->xbutton.y_root,
> > >              srcWidth, srcHeight, data);
> > >
> > > the GetImage call above generates the BadMatch.  The embedded
> > > FindWindow() calls seem to succeed.

--------------- Codito, ergo sum - "I code, therefore I am" --------------------
Mobile Phone: +61 (0)413 451 899    Home Phone: 02 9698 8615