Hi!

first good news: it works! At least vmware does not complain and scrolling is
indeed fast. However, I've just started the new X for the first time and did
not do much testing. Shall I expect some bugs/issues to appear or RC2 is
already reasonably clean?

> The 4.2.0 i810 driver doesn't even support the 845G, so I'm not sure
> what you mean.

Nope, I was using 4.2.0 from SuSE, which was capable to work with my 845G
(probably suse 4.2.0 is patched or whatever), but I've also tried one of the
binary releases of 4.2.99.

> I'm assuming you're using the CVS version, and that's
> where the fix is.  If you're not using the CVS version, then you can
> probably find the patch via cvsweb.xfree86.org.

I did the complete cvs pull and compiled everything from scratch. Took a while
:-)

Best regards,
Max