Jeff Garzik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 28, 2003 at 12:26:23PM -0800, Kendall Bennett wrote:
> > Jeff Garzik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > > Note that CONFIG_INPUT (the "new input layer") exists in 2.4.x
> > > kernels as well...  so you can test right now.   It's just that
> > > 2.5.x (and 2.6.0 when released) has made the new input layer the
> > > default.
> >
> > What do you mean they were made the default? Do you have to reconfigure
> > the kernel in 2.4 to make use of them, or will they work out of the box
> > with existing 2.4 kernels?
>
> Depending on your kernel configuration, you either need to load
> alternative drivers, or, reconfigure and recompile your kernel.
> CONFIG_INPUT is the config option you want.

Ok, that is what I was afraid of. We need something that will work 'out
of the box', so it sounds like that won't happen until 2.6 is released
(or code is backported and enabled in 2.4 kernels).

Regards,

---
Kendall Bennett
Chief Executive Officer
SciTech Software, Inc.
Phone: (530) 894 8400
http://www.scitechsoft.com

~ SciTech SNAP - The future of device driver technology! ~