On Tue, 18 Mar 2003, Kendall Bennett wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> I have finished a clean build of 4.3.0 on my Red Hat 7.3 machine, and the
> log indicates there are no errors (grep for "] Error"). However when I do
> a 'make install' I get errors about halfway through I think related to
> some @Aliases file or something.

Sorry, I thought I'd replied, seems I never pressed send :-(

Why
        grep "] Error"
I use
        grep '\*\*'
to determine whether the make World has succeeded.

It looks to me as if your make World failed (but kept going as it
usually does) so install tried again and failed.

I have
        xc/programs/rstart/contexts/@Aliases
        xc/programs/rstart/samples/contexts.odt1/@Aliases
        xc/programs/rstart/samples/contexts.sun/@Aliases
all with matching ,v files, so it may be a problem with your check out,
or another case of one broken platform in 12.

--
Dr. Andrew C. Aitchison         Computer Officer, DPMMS, Cambridge
[EMAIL PROTECTED]       http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~werdna