Sis wrote support for the 300 series and it works.  However, when mesa
4.x came out no one ever updated the sis dri stuff to match the new
structure.  so DRI works with the 300 if you use the mesa 3.x libs.  It
shouldn't be too hard to port the sis stuff to mesa 4.x, but there
doesn't seem to be much interest in doing so.  3D support for newer sis
boards probably won't happen cause Sis has changed their policy in
regard to giving out docs to their chips.  3D support for the older sis
boards 6326 or whatever it's called should be possible since docs are
available for that board (there was even a utah-glx driver for it), but
it needs to be written.

Hope that helps,

Alex