On Fri, 30 May 2003 15:27:04 +0100 Asier Goikoetxea Yanci <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
babbled:

> On Friday 30 May 2003 1:30 pm, Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:
> > > Well, the thing is that I have not clue on how to use SYNC extension, not
> > > even
> >
> > that still wont solve the problem. use double buffering. draw to a pixmap -
> > then when drawing is done copy it to the window.
>
> Yes, I hear about double buffering but is something I still have not very
> clear.
>
> I tried printing the text into one window and then copying it to another with
> XCopyArea but this didn't solve the problem.
>
> I think you mean something different from what I did, isn't it? Do you mean
> create a pixmap, draw the text to the pixmap (instead of to the window) and
> then put the pixmap on the window? If I am wrong, could you please point me
> to an example?

thats what i said. create a pixmap - draw to the pixmap, when drawing is done copy
pixmap to window. done. no flickering. at worst u get shearing - u could use the
double buffer extension to try avoid shearing - but it's really not a big issue.

> Thanks a lot,
>
> Asier

--------------- Codito, ergo sum - "I code, therefore I am" --------------------
Mobile Phone: +61 (0)413 451 899    Home Phone: 02 9698 8615