Kean Johnston wrote:
All,

I just pulled from the cvs head (well yesterday afternoon, or about 12 hours ago) and the build is failing becuase X11.tmpl. at about line 3675, has:
RunProgram(MKFONTDIR, -n -r -p inst/ $$E .))

But MKFONTDIR is expanding to mkfontscale, which doesn't support these options. Thats becuase up at around line 1507 MKFONTDIR is being se to mkfontscale. Is that wrong? Was that a typo? Should it really be refering to mkfontdir there?

Ok I see from the changelong that it shouldn't, that mkfontscale is now the Tool To Use. So just removing the -n -r from that line causes the build to succeed, but the server doesn't start after doing a make install. It fails saying it cant fine the font "fixed". If I do to fonts/misc and run mkfontdir (which is now the wrapper script) then the server starts, but twm doesn't. Do I have to go to 75dpi/ and 100dpi/ and run mkfontdir and then it works. Strange thing is, the resulting fonts.dir is MUCH smaller in 75dpi than what comes out of the build. Same in misc/.

Looks as if there is still some missing glue from the replace mkfontdir with mkfontscale work?

Kean