Kean Johnston wrote:
Attached is a patch that implements these options in mkfontscale, as well as improving slightly the semantics of mkfontdir. Also fix two pre-processor bugs in X11.tmpl that cause imake warnings.
By the way this patch changes (as you can see) the variable dirname to dname, as some systems define a function called dirname, and this produces extra warnings if you use -Wshadow. Also, I dont think this addresses the issue of fonts.alias not being read. Seems like mkfontdir uses the FontFile library, which handles this. mkfontscasle doesn't (at least at a cursory glance). I think I'll move onto other things now and let the font experts take over on this ...

Kean