Andrew C Aitchison wrote:
../../lib/xtrans/Xtrans.h:462: warning: redundant redeclaration of
`_X11TransFreeConnInfo' in same scope
../../lib/xtrans/Xtrans.h:267: warning: previous declaration of `_X11TransFreeConnInfo'

This one's my fault. X11R6.6 didn't have a declaration of FreeConnInfo in Xtrans.h so I added it. When I ported to XFree86, I didn't notice someone
else had already added it to the XF 4.3.0 version already in a different spot,
so now it's in that one twice. I'll remove the duplicate from my set of patches.

../../lib/xtrans/Xtranssock.c:338: structure has no member named `ss_family'

What is the family member of struct sockaddr_storage then? This could probably be worked around by changing line 338 from: ciptr->family = sockname.ss_family; to something like: ciptr->family = ((struct sockaddr *)&sockname)->sa_family;

../../lib/xtrans/Xtranssock.c: At top level:
../../lib/xtrans/Xtranssock.c:1315: `MAXHOSTNAMELEN' undeclared here (not in a
function)

Is there some other file that needs to be included to define this? (It's in <netdb.h> on Solaris, and <asm/param.h> on RedHat 8.)

Or perhaps NI_MAXHOST would be a better choice since it's defined by
RFC 2133.

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-          [EMAIL PROTECTED]
         Sun Microsystems, Inc.     -     Sun Software Group