Sorry for replying to my own post:

Since I have found only one application triggering calls to the accelerated RENDER functions (openoffice), I wonder under what circumstances these functions are called as regards anti-aliased text?

Why isn't for example Qt (which I use in version 3.1.1 here) or Mozilla (1.4, Debian's xft-enabled version) triggering these functions?

Thomas Winischhofer wrote:
Since I recently found out that SiS hardware _does_ support per-pixel alpha-blended bitblits, I could finish the (yet disabled) render acceleration.

The only problem I encountered: The functions that I provide (SetupFor/SubsequentCPUToScreen[Alpha]Texture) are never called as it seems....

How come?

Shouldn't AA text be drawn using these functions?

Is there any test program for this?
--
Thomas Winischhofer
Vienna/Austria