Michel Dänzer wrote:
Text drawing (x11perf -aa24text) went from 25000 to 105000, which is
more than factor 4. I am satisfied.

Err, I get without acceleration on a 1 Ghz TiBook:

9600000 reps @   0.0006 msec (1540000.0/sec): Char in 30-char aa line
(Charter 24)

Interesting. What do

-shmput500
-rect500
-oddtilerect500

give you on that machine?

What's a "normal" result for -aa24text on Intel hardware with, say, nvidia or radeon?

Anyone?

(Now, if I just could find out why the accelerator functions are not being called on my 4.3 system...)

I guess it's not the op being something else than PictOpOver? Could it be related to XAA_RENDER_NO_SRC_ALPHA?

They are called under 4.2, but not under 4.3. Maybe freetype (which I use the Debian sid version of) needs to be recompiled for 4.3.

--
Thomas Winischhofer
Vienna/Austria