Am now making some progress on the mangled graphics:
When i have acceleration turned on, glyph drawing is a complete mess. it
looks like the bits are being expanded backwards and characters are being
read from the wrong place. I've gone through CPUToScreenColorExpandFill with
a fine tooth comb, but can't see anything wrong, and all my MMIO_OUT32
writes into BRxx are correctly expanding into xf86WriteMmio32Le.

Have you ever seen anything like this before?

Thanks,

Rob Taylor