I don't think it's as bad as you think.  It looks to me like
this comes about due to a difference in the Shm protocol.  Going
against convention, xShmPutImageReq has an unsigned value for the
src X and Y location.  All other primitive have signed values.
I think the correct behavior is probably to clamp the source X and
Y in ProcShmPutImage function to the unsigned 15 bit coordinate
system.  Can somebody try that to see if it fixes the problem?

                        Mark.