On Wed, Dec 17, 2003 at 03:08:03PM -0800, Mark Vojkovich wrote:
>    I don't think it's as bad as you think.  It looks to me like
> this comes about due to a difference in the Shm protocol.  Going
> against convention, xShmPutImageReq has an unsigned value for the
> src X and Y location.  All other primitive have signed values.
> I think the correct behavior is probably to clamp the source X and
> Y in ProcShmPutImage function to the unsigned 15 bit coordinate
> system.  Can somebody try that to see if it fixes the problem?

Actually, it doesn't fix it. And I've backed out that patch.

Stephen uploaded another test app which shows that even with srcX/Y as 0
and a negative dstX/Y parameter can still crash the server.

It looks like a bug in the way fb uses deltas whereas I've tested the
original cfb code and it works fine.

Alan.