Ouch, a typo error :/.. effectively, i have XkbModel set to "pc105" and
XkbModel to "fr".
setxkbmap -print gives :
xkb_keymap {
        xkb_keycodes  { include "xfree86+aliases(azerty)"       };
        xkb_types     { include "complete"      };
        xkb_compat    { include "complete"      };
        xkb_symbols   { include "pc/pc(pc101)+pc/fr"    };
        xkb_geometry  { include "pc(pc101)"     };
};
This problem appears with fluxbox, gnome, kde and xfce4 so i assume it's not a
wm/dm problem...
If i am the only person to have this problem, i think i should search around
my distribution.
Thanks a lot for your response. :)

Tom