--- Ryan Underwood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 21, 2004 at 08:35:00AM -0800, Alex Deucher wrote:
> >
> > Only the G400 needs it for dualhead and tv-out.  the g450/550 need
> hal
> > to use the DVI port and the g200 MMS cards need it for multi-head.
> > it's also needed for mergedfb on all chips.  the mga fb driver
> supports
> > all of this, so in theory it could all be done without hal.
>
> - Is only the G550 capable of swapping CRTC<->DAC mapping or can the
>   G400 or G450 do it too?

Not sure.  I think the g450 and g550 are about the same expect for the
3D engine and support for DVI.  I suspect the g450 can do it, I don't
know about the g400.

> - G450/G550 tv-out works without the HAL? (I think this is easier,
> since
>   maven is integrated on these chips...)

tv-out is not supported at all on g450/550, neither with HAL nor
without.

> - what about the DVI addons for the G200 and single head G400?
>   Of course, I've never actually seen one of these.

I'm not sure. the add on cards might have their own tmds chip on them
since I don't think the g200 or 400 or even 450 had a built in tmds
controller.  I could be wrong though.  I've never seen one either.