On Sat, 31 Jan 2004, Shaul Karl wrote:

>  Excluding Nvidia and ATI, for which I believe I know the answer, what
>manufacturers I am likely to see on ebay that:
>
>    1) Usually fully and freely publish the specifications of their AGP
>          hardware.

The list of vendors that freely publish their video hardware
specifications publically and without requiring a non-disclosure
agreement is extremely small.

>    2) Got themselves an X driver?
>
>As of the time of this writing,
>http://search.ebay.com/ws/search/SaleSearch?from=R8&ht=1&satitle=video+card&sokeywordredirect=1&sosortproperty=1&sacategory=40156&catref=C1
>has the following:
>
>    Other (707)

"Other" is kindof vague...

>    Matrox (82)

None of Matrox's specs are public, but some where once avail
under NDA.  They no longer appear to be available from their
private developer website, unless I am looking in the wrong
place.

>    Diamond (61)
>    S3 (57)

Kindof vague, because Diamond didn't really produce their own
chips, but instead produced boards which contained other people's
chips.  You would have to know the exact model of card first.
However Diamond bit the dust long ago (more or less) and their
last generation of hardware is considered extremely old nowadays.
I'm not sure what, if any of the specs are publically (and
legally) available.

>    3DFX (51)

Voodoo 1/2/3/Banshee specs are completely public and open.
Voodoo 4/5 were never released publically to my knowledge, but
it would have been nice to get a copy of them even if only under
NDA.  Nvidia bought 3Dfx's assets and is the current owner of
those specs.

>    ASUS (29)

Does not make their own video chips, you would need to know the
specific chip in use on a given board.

>    STB, Visiontek (21)

Does not make their own video chips, you would need to know the
specific chip in use on a given board.

>  I am looking for a used old agp card.

I dunno if anyone has put together a web page with copies of
legally obtained and redistributable video hardware
specifications (or hyperlinks to them) or not, but perhaps
someone else here knows of such a web page.  If not, you might
want to search google though.  I know you'll find the 3dfx docs
out there for the above mentioned cards.

Hope this helps.

--
Mike A. Harris