On Mon, 2004-02-02 at 19:19, Shaul Karl wrote:

> As for the claim that some people might give up on buying
> new hardware, creating a secondary market for his old hardware should
> compensate for it because it should give him a bigger share of the market
> for new hardware too.

I've personally gone and bought a full box of SiS PCI cards because
they're affordable and well supported by XFree86. I would otherwise have
simply made do with the slow S3 chips in the thin clients. After my
experience with these cards, I'm more likely to buy SiS for desktop
Linux machines and thin clients in future, too.

Craig Ringer