yOn Sat, 22 Jan 2005, Marc Aurele La France wrote:

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005, Thomas Dickey wrote:
On Sat, 22 Jan 2005, Marc Aurele La France wrote:
It would seem that you are building with SharedLibFont explicitly set to NO, which is the default on a Debian system (see linux.cf). The attached, which I've just committed, should fix this problem.

That works, but SharedLibFont has been NO for some time.

... in Debian, yes.

                                                          Perhaps some
dependency changed, making the objects in those libraries conflict.

No. xfs provide[ds] its own Xalloc & Friends. What changed is that it now needs to do the same for the Xllalloc & Friends I've introduced to address allocation wraparounds in libXfont.

It sounds as if it's incomplete for the static version of Xfont

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net