On Tue, 25 Jan 2005, Marc Aurele La France wrote:
On Thu, 20 Jan 2005, Mark Vojkovich wrote:
On Thu, 20 Jan 2005, Marc Aurele La France wrote:
On Thu, 20 Jan 2005, Bukie Mabayoje wrote:
Mark Vojkovich wrote:
   I synced up and built and now, though the server starts fine,
apps can't get any fonts.  Window managers claim they can't find
fontsets like fixed so menus and such have no text in them.
xfontsel seems to work though.  Anyone know what's going on?
It's like the fonts.alias isn't being read anymore.  I can
see fixed in the fonts.alias and I can see the corresponding
font in the fonts.dir and I can see that the font file exists
and can verify that the server acknowledged that font path.

I am looking into a similar problem too, when xfs is not running.

I've been able to make the fontset message appear with a simple test case
(holding down the control key and pressing any mouse button while the pointer
is in an xterm).

  I don't see that message with xterm.  TWM menus don't work though.
But, if I run TWM remotely from another machine it works.  I think
that implies that it's a problem with the local libraries.  Another
data point, is a test app that opens "fixed" seems to work fine, so
it's not the case that aliases are broken in general - just in some
cases.

Bukie, how long have you been seeing this problem?  I updated
yesterday and saw it for the first time.  The last time I updated
was Nov 26. so that gives a pretty large window.

Mark (and anyone else, of course),

Please tell me whether the attached patch fixes (your version of) the problem.

Umm. That's not right. Further investigation shows the xterm behaviour I was seeing was due to an NLS configuration error. Also, the TWM menus I see look as expected. Can you narrow down this problem a bit more?

Marc.

|  Marc Aurele La France           |  work:   1-780-492-9310           |
|  Computing and Network Services  |  fax:    1-780-492-1729           |
|  352 General Services Building   |  email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]          |
|  Edmonton, Alberta               |                                   |
|  T6G 2H1                         |     Standard disclaimers apply    |
|  CANADA                          |                                   |