On Tue, Feb 08, 2005 at 04:40:42PM +0000, Alan Hourihane wrote:
>On Tue, Feb 08, 2005 at 11:32:56AM -0500, David Dawes wrote:
>> It looks like the DRM kernel source in xc/extras/drm is broken and
>> incomplete, especially for BSD platforms.  The Linux version only
>> appears to build for a narrow range of kernels, and this either
>> needs to be fixed, or the minimum kernel requirements enforced in
>> the Makefile.
>>
>> Perhaps we'll have to roll back to an older version that does build?
>
>I suspect pulling in a newer snapshot would be better, although it's
>a little more complicated now because the drm has split out support
>for linux 2.4 and 2.6 kernels is separate subdirectories.

Does the build automatically figure out which to use based on the
kernel version, and what range of kernels has it been verified on?

What about the FreeBSD code?  The current version we have is very
broken, failing to build even the simplest of drivers (tdfx) on
4.10 or 5.2.  Also, does the i915 driver build on BSD?  It is
referenced in the Makefile, but the required files are not present.

David