Thanks to everyone who participated at this month's meeting.  We discussed:

   - saved send feature
   - ZSTD
   - Encrypted dedup

The recording is now available: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wq64VoZhDMY

Thanks Serapheim for taking notes:

   -

   Saved send feature (Tom)
   -

      Be able to get a partially received dataset from one machine to
      another - do a ZFS “send of a partially received dataset”
      -

      Add-on functionality: ability to resume a saved receive from a
      bookmark
      -

      production
      -

      Looking for extra reviewers for the PR -
      https://github.com/zfsonlinux/zfs/pull/9007
      -

         Paul Dagnelie and Matt Ahrens will take a look
         -

      Action Item: Send a heads up in the mailing list about the feature
      for other platforms
      -

   ZSTD rework (WIP PR <https://github.com/zfsonlinux/zfs/pull/9673>)
   (Kjeld)
   -

      The goal of this new PR is to get the best of all the existing forks
      of this feature
      -

      majority of the design and thorough testing has been done. Code is being
      cleaned up and restructured.
      -

      Action Item: Sync with Allan who has also done some work with this
      -

      Action item: Get reviewers and feedback for the change
      -

   Feature Request: Encryption to work with dedup across multiple datasets
   - Tom:
   -

      Today different “clone families” have different master keys (the key
      actually used to encrypt the blocks), so blocks with the same plaintext
      will have different cyphertext if they are in the same clone
family - even
      if they have the same wrapping (user) key (i.e. same/inherited keysource
      property)
      -

      Want to add a mechanism to have the same master key for different
      clone families
      -

      Need to design user interface to make it clear what’s going on.
      -

      Suggestion: use a property to indicate that all children have the
      same master key
      -

         Need to work out the details of how this would interact with
         things like rename (into / out of the “same master key hierarchy”)
         -

   Pull Request Open for Persistent L2ARC in ZoL - Brian Behlendorf:
   -

      This is a port of Sasso’s/Nexenta’s work (PR 9582)
      -

      Reviews requested
      -

   ZoF update:
   -

      Getting closer! - Bulk of refactoring is done ~ approximately 4 files
      left to go