On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 11:07 AM, Andy Stormont <
astorm...@racktopsystems.com> wrote:

>  The import code in libzfs could also use some work.  If I remember
> correctly the code that examines disk slices is O(n * n).  Though it’s
> broken it seems to work okay on machines with <= 32 cores but with more
> than that you’ll likely run into the assert at the end of zpool_open_func -
> which happens when a thread examining a slice realises another thread has
> already marked the slice as not containing a pool after it’s started.
>
>  I had a go at rewriting the code earlier this year to fix those issues
> which you can find here:  http://cr.illumos.org/~webrev/andy_js/zpool/
> I’m not sure if this code works or even if it’s the latest version but if
> there’s interest I can start looking at it again.

Yes, it's a problem if the zpool import doesn't work.  Have you tested your
fix now?

It looks like you are fixing 3 issues:

1. enabling new warnings
2. race condition when doing zpool import
3. a different method of discovering devices

Can you break up your review into 3 reviews, one for each issue?

--matt