Hello Phil,

Thursday, March 3, 2016, 2:56:59 AM, you wrote:

> My default position would be "Please don't integrate without
> mirror/RAID-Z support - all ZFS features should work together.”
> However, in this case I would make an exception. I have a friend who
> once attempted to add a log device to a large production pool, but
> omitted the prefix “log” - i.e. I^Hhe managed, instead, to add a
> non-redundant top-level vdev to the pool. I hear others may have
> done this. It’s a mistake such people only make once, or perhaps
> twice (so I’m told). I just think it would be nice if ZFS was more
> gracious and forgiving of such schoolboy errors.
Yeah.  Just  a  note of support here. I won't delve into 'he/she', and
put  things  straight:  I  have  a  60TB zpool that I was adding a log
device to, but kept the 'log' keyword to myself ;) -- needless to say,
I'd very much like to have a way to revert my mistake ASAP.

Glad to hear the feature itself isn't dead.

Pawel.