At 09:01 +0100 16-02-2005, Pierre van Rooden wrote:
Will cloudcontextsecurty ever become the standard security model?

Possibly. However since it adds builders and is thus not trivial to remove if you don't want it, we may better decide not to.

I believe we should rethink our reluctance against introducing new builders with new applications/code/modules or whatever for MMBase. In the future more and more additions to MMBase will be accompanied by builders and data to be able to use them. It is an argument often heard when someone introduces a new addition to MMBase "This can't make it to the core cause it also introduces new builders".

Why should we not introduce cloud context security as the default security for the 1.8 release? We could adopt the strategy, like changes to api's, that with every major release there can be changes in the default builders.

---André
--
André van Toly
http://www.toly.nl                                mobile +31(0)627233562