Pierre van Rooden wrote:

- All code must follow MMBase code conventions and have documentation (or aim to fulfill these requirements as soon as possible).
- The application/component must be generic, useful, and appliable with a broad enough systems and configurations of MMBase (iow, no vendor-locking).
- The community (committors) have to vote on allowing the application in CVS. The Vote ahs to be made by an existing committor.
- As such, the application needs to have a committor supporting it.
- A committor (not necessarily the same person who amde the vote) needs to maintain the code. It is possible to make someone a committor for the express purpose of maintaining 3rd-party code (with the expected limitations on such a committor's rights to change code), but an existing committor should .
- An application that is not maintained can be removed from CVS if nobody desires to maintain it further.
- The release manager decides which applications are included in a distribution.

I dont have a overall goodfeeling that this kind of rules fits well in the current mmbase communicaty.

I think it would be wise to start a project, about this. Further more project can also be started NOW and with this you have my support I think that next to the rules you defined above, this project team should also be respoinsible for motivating parties to put their code in the the MMBase respository.

Do i still have to vote? or do we cancel the vote?